Baldwin Library presents - Canada European Style
July 8 – 14, 2018
A 7–day motorcoach trip from Lenzner Tour and Travel
Interested? Click here for the Tour Reservation Form.
Day 1 – 2: Our trek northward will take us to our multi-faceted neighbor to the north – Canada. Think of it as traveling to Britain at half the cost! We will enjoy “royal” treatment in Canada’s magnificent capital – Ottawa. During our Ottawa city tour, a local guide will provide commentary as we visit the Parliament Building, Byward Market, and the Canadian Museum of History. The military event, Changing of the Guards, will fascinate you. (CB, D)
Day 3–4: We will see Canada’s unique French side with a visit to the province of Quebec. Two nights will be spent in Quebec City. A local guide will give us a complete historic and modern city tour. We’ll see “Place d’Armes”, Parliament, Plains of Abraham and a walking tour of Place Royale. We will enjoy lunch at the famous Chateau Frontenac, visit the healing church, Ste. Anne-de-Beaupre Basilica, and the Island of Orleans. (2B, L, D)
Day 5: As we leave Quebec City, we will have a memorable experience in store – visiting the unique “European” city of Montreal. We will be treated to delicious cuisine and fully guided sightseeing in Montreal, including a visit to the Notre Dame Basilica. (B, D)
Day 6: We will head toward New York State and charming Alexandria Bay where we will enjoy a narrated cruise of the 1000 Islands. (B, D)
Day 7: A scenic day of travel will carry us back to Pennsylvania with many wonderful memories. (B)
You will need a valid passport for this trip.
Cost per person, per room occupancy:
$1,520.00 double; $1,950.00 single; $1,406.00 triple
Optional insurance is $107.00 for double and single ; $65 for triple. Payment due with registration and as a separate check, made payable to Lenzner Travel.
Click here for the Tour Reservation Form.
Includes two nights lodging at Residence Inn in Ottawa, two nights lodging at Hotel Chateau Laurier, one night’s lodging at Hotel Universel and one night at Best Western Inn. Six breakfasts, four dinners and one lunch and most attractions.
If you have questions, please call Nancy Musser at 412-885-2255.
Creativity Day Trip: Latrobe, PA
Saturday, April 28: 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
Creativity is the theme of this day...what others have done and what you will do!
- We'll begin our day at the Big Mac Museum in Irwin, where we will meet our local step-on guide. We will tour this McDonald's Restaurant that is also a museum dedicated to the inventor of the Big Mac sandwich.
- Our next stop of the morning will be at the Latrobe Art Center where we will create an art project -- a set of 4 hot pads/coasters. You will have time to browse through the art center and the attached gift shop.
- Enjoy a delicious luncheon in the beautiful setting of DiSalvo's Station, a restored Amtrak railroad station. A brief tour will highlight our stop here.
- Then, it's on to St. Vincent College where we will visit a gristmill built by the Benedictine monks and in continuous operation since 1854. Here we will have the opportunity to purchase various flours as well as breads made from the grains grown by local farmers.
- The last stop will be at Craftique Collections, a large store with dozens of individual booths of various crafts. We will enjoy a beverage and a small snack in the cafe, courtesy of Craftique.
Please register with full payment by March 24, 2018 at the library or by mail. Cost: $91.00 per person. Please choose either Chicken Romano or Scrod English Style for your lunch.