Dream. Build. Thrive.
The Baldwin Library will be renovating and relocating to Leland Center, with projected move-in anticipated in early 2019!
The new Baldwin Library will feature:
- Easily accessible borough location with convenient access to public transportation
- Increase of 2,100 square feet compared to Wallace Building
- Ample parking—both off-street and on-street with designated handicapped spaces
- Large, flexible meeting space for library programs and community activities
- Separate areas for adults, teens and children
- Expanded mobile computer stations and new digital lending materials
Make Your Contribution, and help the Baldwin Public Library Dream, Build, and Thrive!
This is an exciting time in the history of the Baldwin Public Library! The library will finally have a permanent home at Leland Center, on Wolfe Drive adjacent to the Greater Baldwin Whitehall Athletic Association’s baseball fields.
Baldwin Borough generously donated the Leland Center building to the library, along with $300,000 to help offset repairs and renovation costs of the building’s roof. Although great strides have been made to raise the balance of $2.3 million need for construction, we must still raise almost half the remaining total, along with additional contributions to start a small endowment and create new and expanded programming.
All Baldwin-area residents and businesses are encouraged to make a pledge or contribution to the campaign, and can do so by calling 412-885-2255. We’ll be sure to connect you with a campaign volunteer who can talk with you about the various options for making a gift, and special opportunities for naming recognition. Naming opportunities are available at all levels, ranging from $300 for the “Buy a Brick” program and up.
Whether or not you are a regular library user, we hope you will consider how a modern library is a community asset that benefits everyone. We’re more than just books! The Baldwin Library has a range of interesting programming for all ages, including “maker” programs, teen camps, job-search resources, and access to a range of technology not available anywhere else in the community. Your financial support, regardless of amount, will be vital in helping us reach our goal!
Volunteer for the Campaign
The Board of Trustees of the Baldwin Borough Public Library needs to raise an additional $1.5 million in order to complete the Capital Campaign. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to help us achieve this objective. We would greatly appreciate your willingness to volunteer. No matter how much time you are able to give, or your experience, you can help make a positive impact on the future of your library and the community. Everyone is welcome and needed.
- Host a house party – join the growing list of people arranging house parties for their neighbors and friends to learn about the Library project.
- Join a committee of the Capital Campaign.
- Become an ambassador for the Library project:
- By sharing your interest in support of the Baldwin Borough Public Library Capital Campaign project with your family, friends and colleagues, you are expanding our circle of friends and providing valuable information about the wonderful and unique resource the Library is for our community.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors to become Library patrons and ambassadors.
- Arrange for a member of our Committee to come and give a presentation at your civic or social organization or club.
Please contact Library Director, Jenny Worley at 412-885-2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org