Are you heading out on vacation and don't want your holds coming in while you are gone? Or do you have too many items coming in at one time? Did you know you can Freeze your hold using your online account through the library's online catalog?
This will keep someone's place in line and you can select when you want your place to be active again. Follow these steps to freeze your holds:
- Access the online library catalog is by clicking My Account Login on the first screen of our library's website.
- Click Log In in the upper-right hand corner of the online catalog screen.
- Enter the library card number and PIN number for the account.
- After you log in you can go to your Holds, under the My Account section in the upper right hand corner.
- From this screen, select the item(s) you would like to freeze, then click On Selected in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
- There will be an option that says Freeze Hold. A confirmation screen will pop up confirming that the item is frozen.
- Note: You must go through the same process to unfreeze your holds. It does not guarantee you will get the items right away, but unfreezes your spot in the holds line.