We need your help.
We have a backlog of over 100,000 items on our county holds list. Trying to fill all of these holds when we reopen for contact-less pick-up will put a strain on our system and make wait times extra long. (You’ve already waited months!)
We ask you take a moment out of your day to look at your current holds and ask yourself these questions:
Are you still interested in reading/watching/listening to the item?
– If the answer is NO, cancel the hold.
– If the answer is YES, use one of these three options:
- Do nothing, and the item will be ready for pick-up when we return to service. (Date TBD)
- FREEZE the hold. Don’t need it right away? By freezing the hold, you won’t lose your place in line and the item will stay on hold. When you are ready for the item, you can unfreeze it anytime.
- Move the item to your book list cart. It will no longer be on hold, but you can put it back on hold when you are ready to read/watch/listen to it.
Are there items on your holds list that you have already read/watched/listened to and you don’t need anymore?
- If the answer is YES, cancel the hold.
- If the answer is NO, see the options above for managing your holds.
Are you still interested in reading/watching/listening to the item, but can wait a while longer?
- We strongly recommend Options #2 & #3 above. This will help us get the most wanted items into people’s hands faster.