This post was last updated at 8:32 a.m. on December 16, 2020
The Baldwin Library has decided to close. Due to the current health crisis, and for the safety of all staff and our community members, we have suspended services at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. This was a hard decision, but it best for everyone.
We will reopen on Monday December 28 @ 10am for curbside services.
- All materials currently on hold, will remain on hold until we reopen to give you ample time to pick them up.
- All take home kits are suspended.
- We will not have any printing, copying or faxing services until we reopen.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding and your continued support. We will get through this crisis together.
This post was last updated at 8:32 p.m. on November 22, 2020
Due to the most recent Stay-at-home Advisory, the Baldwin Library has decided to switch back to curbside. We are continuing to monitor the rise in cases, and taking the advice of the Secretary of Health when we make these decisions. We hope to reopen our building soon.
- You can still place holds via the catalog. Delivery from other libraries is still operating!
- All Take and Make Crafts will be handled the same way as holds pickup. Call us when you get here and we’ll bring out your bag!
- If you need to copy, fax, or scan something, we can do that too. Just call us and we’ll arrange to get your items from you, provide the service in the library, and the bring them back out.
- If you need to print something, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for understanding, and please stay safe!
This post was last updated at 1:32 p.m. on July 31, 2020
Thank you for being patient as we navigated the new guidelines for public service. It’s been awhile, and we can’t wait to see you. Here’s what you can expect when using the library.
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- Furniture and computers have been spaced out to encourage social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap and wipes are readily available around the library.
- We have removed toys, games and puppets from the children’s library.
- There are no shared headphones. Bring your own, or purchase ear buds for $1.00 at the library.
- No food or drink allowed at anytime.
- We quarantine all returned, shipped, or handled items for 3 days.
- Bathrooms, highly used surfaces, and technology are sanitized regularly.
**Curbside pick-up remains a permanent service at the library. We are here to serve those that cannot or don’t feel comfortable being in a public space.
Thank you for your understanding as we all adapt to the new normal!
This post was last updated at 10:00 a.m. on July 17, 2020
- Getting items from other libraries will take longer then usual. We quarantine materials for 3 days upon arrival, for your safety.
This post was last updated at 8:36 a.m. on June 15, 2020
- You may pick up holds only during pickup service hours. You do not need to call ahead or book an appointment. Please refer to the hold pick up notice for the deadline to pick up your items. After that date, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
- Outdoor signage will be posted showing the designated parking area, and will include the library phone number. You will need to have a mobile device to call the library when you arrive.
- All holds will be put in a paper bag and be placed on a table outside of the building. Your bag will be labeled with your last name. Remain in your car until the staff member is safely in the library.
- Grab your bag and enjoy!
For more information on our our curbside and hours, visit our webpage.
This post was last updated at 4:58 p.m. on May 31, 2020
Allegheny County has entered into the Yellow/Green Phase. During these phases, libraries are now permitted to offer limited public services as long as we abide by the guidelines for health and safety set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education.
As you can imagine, although excited to be moving forward, there are many preparations that need to happen for county libraries to be ready to offer services safely.