This post was last updated at 4:36 p.m. on June 4, 2020
Allegheny County has entered into the Yellow/Green Phase. During these phases, libraries are now permitted to offer limited public services as long as we abide by the guidelines for health and safety set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education.
The Baldwin Library is now providing safe access to physical materials through a limited curbside pickup service!
Pickup Service is available Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m; Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Please remember our library facilities remain closed to the public and there will be no direct contact with staff.
County-wide shipping is not yet at full capacity. Until they are able to operate safely, our holds pick-up will look a little different.
- Online placement of holds is still unavailable.
- If you had uncollected holds before the Library closed on March 16th, you will receive a phone call from staff to ask if you still want the materials.
- To place a NEW hold, call us 412-885-2255
- As long as the material is available at Baldwin, we will put it on hold for you to pick-up.
- If we do not have it, we will not be able to have it shipped to Baldwin at this time. You will have to call back, or wait until this service is available.
- EXISTING holds will be filled with Baldwin items as they are available. Until we can ship from other locations, your holds cannot be filled by other libraries.
If you have any questions, CALL US: 412-885-2255. If you have any concerns, CALL US:412-885-2255. Staff will be available during the hours listed above to talk to you about what you need.
- You may pick up holds only during pickup service hours. You do not need to call ahead or book an appointment. Please refer to the hold pick up notice for the deadline to pick up your items. After that date, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
- Outdoor signage will be posted showing the designated parking area, and will include the library phone number. You will need to have a mobile device to call the library when you arrive.
- All holds will be put in a paper bag and be placed on a table outside of the building. Your bag will be labeled with your last name. Remain in your car until the staff member is safely in the library.
- Grab your bag and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse the FAQs below for more detailed information about Curbside Pickup Service, or call us at 412-885-2255.