The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, toddler, or preschooler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books) before your little one starts kindergarten.
If you read just 1 book a night, you will have read:
- 365 books in a year
- 730 books in two years
- 1,095 books in three years.
If you consider that most children start kindergarten at around 5 years of age, you have more time than you think (so get started)!
This is an ongoing program and only ends when your child begins kindergarten.
Get started today:
- Come to the Baldwin Library and register for the program and pick up your packet.
- Read to your child.
- Fill out your reading log for your first 100 books.
- Return your completed log to the library for a milestone sticker. Additional milestone prizes awarded at the 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1,000 mile marks.
- Repeat steps one through three!
- When you’ve read 1,000 books, your child receives their final prize and a special certificate!
- Books read at the library, school and daycare count! Books can be read as many times as you like.