Welcome to our Kids Summer Reading Program for children ages birth through grade five! All children will have an opportunity to register, log books read, participate in challenges, earn virtual badges and virtual raffle tickets to be entered to win end-of-summer gift cards! So open a book and explore a world of stories with us!
Getting Started (choose 1 beginning June 15)
- Register online through Beanstack.
- Register by downloading the Beanstack app on Google Play or the Apple app store.
- Call 412-885-2255, and we will register your child/children.
- If you prefer to keep track on a paper reading log, download a copy and print it out. You can then choose one of the registration options listed above.
Logging Your Reading
- Read or be read to (both print and electronic books count)! Then simply log back into your Beanstack account or app, or call 412-885-2255 to log all books read! You can log every single book, even if it’s read multiple times! We just hope you’ll read a little bit every day. It’s all about reading for fun this summer! The more you read, the more chances you have to win end-of-summer prizes!
- Every 5 books read earns 1 virtual raffle ticket for chances to win end-of-summer gift cards!
- Participate in online challenges offered through Beanstack! Each challenge comes with an opportunity to earn a virtual badge! See how many badges you can earn and collect this summer!
- Participate in our many virtual summer programs and activities being offered this summer.
- Visit out our online catalog to search for new titles and old favorites.
Attending Virtual Summer Programs & Activities
We will be offering fun virtual programs for children beginning June 15 and continuing throughout the summer on the library’s Facebook page and other virtual platforms. Check out our Events Calendar on our website for a listing of all programs and more information. Then check out even more programs through our county’s shared ACLA program offerings.