You are able to renew items; however, an item that has a hold on it for another patron
cannot be renewed. Ways you can renew items:
- Materials may be renewed in person, at any Allegheny County Library
- By calling the Automated Phone Renewal System 412-622-1895
- Calling the library at 412-885-2255
- Online: Visiting the online catalog. Click, “My Account” to sign in with your library card number and PIN number.
- Text Message Renewals:
- First text: SIGNUP+your-14-digit-barcode+PIN to 412-459-7442 (You must include the plus signs)
- Once you sign up, you will receive texts confirming your successful sign up. When you sign up you will be enrolled in hold pickup, renewal and overdue notices by default.
- You can renewal individual items by list, text the keyword RL.
- To renew all checked out items, text the keyword RA.
- Text Message Notification & Renewal FAQ.
- Books: 3 weeks
- Books-on-Tape/CD: 3 weeks
- CD-ROM Games: 3 weeks
- Puppets: 3 weeks
- Magazines: 1 week
- Music CDs: 1 week
- Videos/DVD’s running less than 6 hours — 1 week
- Videos/DVD’s running more than 6 hours — 3 weeks
FREEZE MY HOLDS
Are you heading out on vacation and don’t want your holds coming in while you are gone? Or do you have too many items coming in at one time? Did you know you can Freeze your hold using your online account through the library’s online catalog?
KEEP TRACK OF MY BORROWING HISTORY
Libraries do not keep track of a patron’s borrowing history. However, the online catalog does give users the option to keep track of this. To do this, you must log-in to your account and opt into this service.