You are able to renew items; however, an item that has a hold on it for another patron
cannot be renewed. Ways you can renew items:
- Materials may be renewed in person, at any Allegheny County Library
- By calling the Automated Phone Renewal System 412-622-1895
- Calling the library at 412-885-2255
- Online: Visiting the online catalog. Click, "My Account" to sign in with your library card number and PIN number.
- Text Message Renewals:
- First text: SIGNUP+your-14-digit-barcode+PIN to 412-459-7442 (You must include the plus signs)
- Once you sign up, you will receive texts confirming your successful sign up. When you sign up you will be enrolled in hold pickup, renewal and overdue notices by default.
- You can renewal individual items by list, text the keyword RL.
- To renew all checked out items, text the keyword RA.
- Text Message Notification & Renewal FAQ.
- Books: 3 weeks
- Books-on-Tape/CD: 3 weeks
- CD-ROM Games: 3 weeks
- Puppets: 3 weeks
- Magazines: 1 week
- Music CDs: 1 week
- Videos/DVD's running less than 6 hours -- 1 week
- Videos/DVD's running more than 6 hours -- 3 weeks